Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tough Girl! How Tough Are Ya!!




Well, Greer is the toughest Mileski...that's for sure (thanks for the awesome bib, April....she is definitely in the Tough Girl Club with you)!  She had her second treatment for her Port Wine Stain today.  I am posting a picture from just before the treatment and a couple just after.  We love seeing the progress and know that all this is going to pay off in the end.  She handled it like a real trooper....much better than Mommy.  Her treatment today was at 9 joules (last time it was at 8.5) with the Candela Platinum laser.  The response this time seems much more even than the first time and she has lots of purpura (purple dots).  That is what we are going for.  She was a little more "mad" this time during treatment and I am ready for her to be old enough for anesthesia (July).  She will have one or two more treatments before then though.  She has been really irritable this afternoon, and I am praying that she isn't up all night.  It seemed like it took forever to get her to go to sleep tonight, and she is usually so easy.  Pray for happy healing!!!  I will post pics of the healing process....I know it is hard to look at.  I promise, it's not as bad as it looks....tomorrow she will be back to her old self I am sure!  

0 kind words: