Monday, November 9, 2009

A funny story to start your week....

....I totally meant to get this up over the weekend, but I got sorta busy birthin' some babies (and cheering on my team....Roll, Tide, Roll)!

The past 2 weeks have a been a whirlwind for us! As if it weren't exciting enough, the week of Halloween was also Red Ribbon week at the kids' school. They had a theme every day (hat day, team spirit day, etc...) and on Friday the entire school dressed up in "high" '60's fashion to celebrate the decade that brought us go-go boots, tie die, and peace signs.....




....it was fun dressing the part! The funniest thing to me was that we were celebrating the '60's during "Drug Free" week! Anyone else find that as ironic as I did? Gave me a few good giggles all week long!

So, here's the funny story I wanted to share with you
write down so I wouldn't forget it....

One morning last weekend, I was pouring my first cup of coffee while the big kids were enjoying their breakfast.

"MOM!," Reeves screamed, "You're drinkin' DRUUUUUUGGGGGSSS!"....

"Huh?"

"Yeah, Mommy, they taught us at school this week that caffeine is a drug....and you're drinkin' DRUGS!"

"Yes, baby, caffeine is in coffee, but I promise it's OK for Mommy to drink it."

"Yeah, Reeves," Lucy corrected firmly (and if I'm not mistaken, there was a wiggle of a finger and a hand on her hip), "Remember.....

....It's an adult choice!"

Love it!

3 kind words:

Rachel said...

Tee hee!! That's hilarious!! Love it!

lenwa said...

hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Oh that's too stinkin' funny!